- Able to live and work in a team when required.
- To be responsible for the wellbeing of the stock and to apply the practices of Low Stress Stock (LSS) handling when working with stock.
- A passion for livestock handling and grazing management
- Mustering on 2 & 4 wheel motorbikes
- General livestock husbandry
- Able to move around with the camp between our stations for musters
- Fencing construction and maintenance.
- Water construction and maintenance.
- Machinery operation & basic maintenance of Tractors, up to HC Trucks, Loader, Toyotas, Bikes etc.
- To attend weekly meetings to work with the rest of the team to prioritize the operational side of the Lord Pastoral business
- Mig & Stick welding, oxy & basic fabricating work.
- Livestock supplement feeding i.e. molasses, weaner meal, dry lick etc.
Yard building and maintenance.
EXPECTATIONS OF PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE:
- That the applicant will keep the sheds in a neat and tidy condition
- That the tools, motorbikes and motor vehicles are kept in a safe neat and orderly condition.
- That after use all equipment will be returned to their retrospective places.
- That the jobs that are set out are accomplished (within reason).
- That all Workplace Health and Safety rules are followed and common sense prevails.
- To have a developing work attitude and display common sense.
- To work co-operatively with others in the team and as a team member.
- To be punctual to work.
- To exhibit clean and tidy personal habits and act in a way that enhances you and your fellow workmates.
- To display acceptable social behavior while dealing with the general public both in a work and social situations.
Main Skills Required:
- Livestock handling experience
- Willingness, Keenness to learn about the Agricultural industry (if your keen to learn we're keen to train)
- Integrity and good communication
- Machinery operating and mechanical experience
- A passion for animals
- Ability to prioritize and organize self
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Truck License
- We encourage using working dogs (kelpies and collies only, no hanging dogs)
- Our staff living is singles AC room, great hi speed unlimited wifi and meals cooked.
- We have a ski boat for weekends in the summer plus there is plenty of races, rodeos and campdrafts locally through the winter
- We are big on having a great culture and put a lot into training.
- The successful applicant would be working in a team of 5-8 at Sutherland and have the opportunity to occasionally work on our breeder block Woodstock, 150km north with another crew up there.
Contact Ardie and Kacie for more information.